Asus Zenfone Live l1 (X00RD – ZA550KL) which was How to update the firmware in ASUS live L1 launched in the month of April of the year 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with having an Android 8.0 Oreo and it has planned to upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie.
Firmware in ASUS live L1 Overview
Here we have the latest Custom ROM which comes with all of the Google Pixel phone features on your Asus Zenfone LiveL1. This custom ROM is called as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can also download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Asus Zenfone Live L1 which is based on Android 9.0 pie.
This new Android Pie comes with a couple of design changes to its successor Android Oreo but the most noticeable one is the gesture-based navigation system.
Read for: How to Root Samsung Galaxy s8?
There are other features of Android 9.0 pie which are new Quick Settings UI design, redesigned volume slider, advanced batty with AI support, Notch support, improved adaptive, brightness, manual them selection, android dashboard which is called Digital Wellbeing by Google, and many other features.
What is on Android 9.0
As we have said earlier, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, android 9.0 pie. Android 9.0 pie is the 9th iteration and the main update of Google’s Android OS.
The new android pie also comes with design changes as compared to its successor Android oreo but the most noticing part is the navigation system. Some of the other features android 9 pie are all of the new quick settings ui design, redesigned volume slider, notch support, improved adaptive brightness, google calls digital wellbeing, and many more of other features as well.
Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the attest stock custom firmware which is based on the official android 9.0 pie AOSP source code. All along with the official android 9.0 features, this Lineage OS 16 also comes with tons of new features and customization option which offers the using of your phone beyond Stock Firmware feature.
Lineage OS is one of the most well-known aftermarket firmware which is built by the team behind cyanogen. In the world of Android, Lineage OS is the best custom ROM presently which is built with many new features as well.
This ROM will only work on this device only, do not try this on any different device. Just follow the steps correctly or else you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any of the damage to your phone.
It will delete all of your data, so we recommend you to first take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed further. Just make sure that your phone has at least 50 to 60 percent of charged to avoid the accidental shutdown between the process.
You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your device.
Steps to follow to install:
- Firstly, download and install a Custom Recovery on your device. (TWRP is recommended) if you are already having this installed then skip this step.
- Download ROM and Gapps .zip file and then save it on your device’s internal storage or SD card.
- Now start your device into TWRP Recovery Mode. (If you do not know how to start your device into twrp recovery then you can also search it on Google)
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid Backup of your device to be safe. If anything goes wrong, you can also restore it back to your older ROM.
- Now also do a Factory Reset of your device, Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and then Data. Then choose Swipe to Wipe.
- Then go back to TWRP Main Menu by pressing the Center navigation button.
- Select Install, locate the ROM zip file, and Swipe to confirm flash.
- After the flashing is complete. Flash the Gapps in the manner.
- After Gapp flashing is complete, select Wipe cache/Dalvik from the bottom left corner of your screen, and swipe to wipe.
- After the wipe completes, click on the ‘Reboot System’.
That is all! You have now successfully installed the latest Android on your device, first restart will take some time so there is no need to panic.