If you are owning a galaxy s7 device, and you also want to root the device, then you are just on the right page. Read the full article to know how to galaxy s7.
Galaxy s7 has a 5.7 inch TFT IPS in-cell display and it is equipped with a 1.4 Qualcomm Snapdragon Octa-core Processor. This device is powered by a 2900 mAh removable battery, and it is equipped with 13 megapixel s with a rear autofocus camera and 5 megapixels front camera.
Gallery for Galaxy s7
The 5.7 inch HD TFT IPS in-cell display offers you with the big workspace for users, on which you can draw creations, which are bright and vivid and they are on point.
- The device is filled with premium and smooth design, with having double chrome lines, and with rounded edges, the device stands out in the competition, and its slim fit appearance makes it great and it fits perfectly in hand.
- If you want to unleash the full potential and features of the hardware of your galaxy s7, then rooting and flashing custom recovery like the TWRP is the main concern.
- Make sure to check your model number which must be a galaxy s7 MGS550(MetroPCS)/K550(T-Mobile)
- You have to make sure all of the following things before rooting your phone.
The phone should be charged
Your phone must be at least 70 percent charged or else, it may lead you to complications sometimes while experimenting. Why take the risk? Try to charge it fully.
If you are going to root your phone, it is a good habit to make a back up of your phone. Make a back up of all of your media like images, videos, and all on your PC and your contacts on the Cloud.
Enable USB Debugging
(This is only for the PC method, Skip if you will use APK method)
You must enable the USB debugging option by going in on Settings, then Applications and Developer options.
Procedure on Rooting galaxy s7 MS550 (MetroPCS)/ K550(T-Mobile)/ Install SuperSU
Just make sure that you have downloaded SuperSU,. After that, you can proceed further to the steps given below:
- Step 1: In the TWRP interface, navigate to Wipe>Format Data. There, simply enter ‘yes’, in the box, and then press on entering. This will automatically wipe the encrypted filesystem and decrypt it.
- Step 2: When the TWRP is done with the wiping, you must restart back into the recovery. For doing this, just navigate to the Reboot>Recovery.
- Step 3: Now, the recovery should boot. After the recovery is booted, connect your phone to the computer, and then Enable ‘MTP’, which is situated under the Mount section.
- Step 4: Transfer the files ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’ and ‘SuperSU.zip to the internal storage or to the EXTSD of the device.
- Step 5: Now, just disconnect the device from your computer. Then after that, tap on Install, then go to the device’s storage and then select the ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’. Now, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm flash’ button, which is situated at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 6: The flashing process will take a few seconds to complete. When it gets done completely, simply follow the same method to flash the root package, i.e. SuperSU. After that, just wait for a couple of minutes after the zip files are flashed, and then reboot the device. Just know that the phone might take 3 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after the flashing recovery, and it might also boot-loop once or twice at the splash screen so do not panic, it’s normal.
That’s it, all done. You have now rooted galaxy s7 MS550(MetroPCS)/ K550(T-Mobile) and you have also flashed the TWRP.